Sunday, June 26, 2011

Growing Up--fast

Erica got her 2 month check up this week.  I had been a little concerned because she started eating every 2 hours again.  I was getting used to a longer break in between feeding, but then she kept wanting to nurse.  I thought, "oh, it's just a growth spurt, it will calm down in a couple of days."--but it had been lasting a week.  Then I thought maybe she was teething. 
Well, I shared my concern with the doctor and he just said, nope--she's not teething, she is GROWING.  She has gained 2 pounds in the last month putting her in the 85% for weight and she is 25 inches long which puts her off the charts in height!  So those first few weeks when I was worried that she wasn't getting enough to eat, those worries are gone.  She has grown pleanty!


But she is not the only one growing up around here.  Elizabeth just 'graduated' from 6th grade!!  They had a nice graduation ceremony at her school on Tuesday and now I have a 7th grader/ middle school/ junior high student living in my house.  I never thought I could be this old. :)

Sarah completed 4th grade and Rachael completed 2nd grade.  Maire will be entering kindergarten this September.  We are all very excited for the new changes, but focusing on the fun to have this summer.

They had an end of the school year water party and it was tons of fun.  Each girl got to invite a few friends and we borrowed Grandma Ehlers' slip-n-slide.  They got wet, ate popsicle or ice cream sandwiches, and watched a little bit of the movie Tangled.







1 comment:

  1. Yay! You have a blog! :)

    Erica is adorable. I love all her hair. I never got one with hair!

    ReplyDelete